FIZZZZzzzzz Lab Questions
Answer the following questions in complete sentences. Do this neatly on a
separate sheet of paper.
- What was the mean mass of an Alka Seltzer tablet? How do calculate the mean
of a bunch of numbers?
- Why is it important that the company that makes Alka Seltzer makes sure that
the masses of their tablets are the same? Support your answer with TWO
- When the tablet was done dissolving in the water, the mass of the beaker and
Alka Seltzer was LESS than it was supposed to be. WHY????
- When Alka Seltzer dissolves, it releases what type of gas? What is the
formula for this gas?
- Describe how you can prove that the gas made by Alka Seltzer is a gas with a
high density compared to other gases.
- Read page 226 in your textbook. When an Alka Seltzer tablet dissolves is
this a physical change or a chemical change? Explain how what you see
happening proves your answer.
- What was the independent variable in this experiment? What was the dependent
variable in this experiment?
- Read about the Phases of matter on page 222. What are the three phases of
matter? What are the molecules in a gas like compared to the molecules in a
- Use the graph you made to answer these questions:
9a)How long will it take Alka Seltzer to dissolve at 30 degrees Celsius?
9b)How long will it take Alka Seltzer to dissolve at 55 degrees Cesius?
9c) If it takes 22 seconds for a tablet to dissolve, what temperature is the
10) Did the graph turn out to be a straight line? Why or why not?